All comments are checked by me before they appear and I reserve the right to edit/remove parts in them if necessary.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
When visitors leave comments on the site I collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it.
Comments will not be approved if they:
- Contain contact information, website links or email addresses.
- Are intended to attack or in other ways being mean-spirited.
- Are considered to be “spam”.
- Are considered to be off-topic for the blog discussion.
Advertising or promoting products, services and websites is not allowed anywhere on mariaerving.com.
This may include mentions and links to:
- Personal websites or forums as well as books, YouTube videos etc.
- Websites that require payment to access.
- Websites/individuals that advertise, promote or sell products, programs and services etc.
Other points to remember when posting comments:
- Opposing opinions and points of views are welcome, but please behave respectfully and mature.
- Keep your comments on topic for the particular article you are commenting on.
- Please keep your comments engaging and/or interesting for others to read, i.e. leave out comments like “great article”, “amazing stuff”, and so on.
Thank you for respecting the house rules.
This Comment Policy was last modified on March 2, 2022.