Evolution of Consciousness: Ascending Symptoms
Sometimes I get questions from people wondering what’s going on with them as they had expected the spiritual path to be one filled with joy 24/7 (and it’s not), so I wanted to write down ten (among many other) symptoms that helps us grow the awareness to what is happening and to help embrace the change that comes with any energetic change in our life and selves.
Remember there’s an ego involved in all this, and it will not give you (its home) up easily.
Sometimes the inner transformation includes the most severe inner struggle, while at other times the symptoms of us ascending to higher vibrations can be felt physically, on our bodies.
A lot of things begins to happen when we are ascending to higher vibrations, such as:
- Sudden flue-like symptoms that only lasts for a day or two.
- Walking into doors and walls; dizziness. This happens when our bodies is adjusting itself to our new energetic vibration.
- Changes in prayer and meditation; feeling like you are no longer connected with God or the divine, whatever that means to you.
- Having spiritual temper tantrums (experiencing spiritual growing pain)- behaving like a child who doesn’t get what he/she wants.
- You may suddenly no longer resonate with your religion or spiritual beliefs. This can be very difficult and disturbing.
- Feeling a deep yearning for meaning and spiritual connection in your life but you feel dis-connected and confused, unable to move forward and you can’t go back to what was either.
- Itching and tingling sensations in the body. Even ‘crawling’ sensations under your skin.
- Days of fatigue and not wanting to do anything, feeling discouragement and even deep hopelessness at times.
- Headaches, pressures in the head, and weird/new sensations, especially in the crown-area
- Emotional outbursts and sudden mood shifts; old stuff coming up, feelings of grief, fear, rage, profound resentment, even feelings of depression (not just feeling a bit ‘down’ but really depressed), and having emotional roller-coasters going from weeping to laughing in a heartbeat.
These things happens to most people, and are perfectly ‘normal’ (and ultimately positive), and it’s all a part of the transformational process.
A lot of positive changes occur at the same time, but on a different level; such as:
- Memory loss in a positive way; you find yourself having lost the ability to reference to the past. The ‘old you’ is like a different person all together, it’s like looking back on someone elses life.
- We start looking younger, feeling more vibrant and alive 🙂
- Having increased integrity; we speak our truth more, we learn to say “no’, and leaving relationships where we can’t be who we are. We learn how to stand in our own power.
- Altered states of consciousness and having mystical spiritual experiences. Experiences of awakening. Life-changing aha-moments of clarity and absolute inner Truth.
- Changes in eating patterns – you may become a vegetarian; you may become more sensitive to alcohol, you may even loose interest in alcohol all together. You may become very sensitive to sugar and caffeine.
- Experiences of pure ecstasy, bliss and intervals of tremendous joy, love, peace and compassion. You feel an overwhelming feeling of Love to all. Experiences of complete Oneness.
- We become more aware of our environment and vibes from other people, and also own behaviors and thought patterns. More awareness in everything basically.
Sometimes; when we go through the valleys of life (as we all do at times) and we feel like we don’t even want to meditate, I really urge you to continue meditating and praying anyway, in any way you can.